A Unique Combination of Services
For International Assignees, Business Travelers, Rotators, etc.
Culture-On-The-Go is a blended solution for businesspeople who require something more flexible than classic in-person training. It was developed in response to a growing need for just-in-time, rich intercultural information and on-going support for individuals in an affordable, non-training format. Culture-On-The-Go is the perfect option for frequent business travelers and non-traditional expatriates like short-term assignees, rotators, and experienced international assignees.
- Increase awareness of your own cultural assumptions and behaviors, plus the potential
impact those assumptions and behaviors have when living and working in your host country.
- Gain practical knowledge of important business and social protocol, etiquette and faux pas.
- Identify and develop strategies for managing specific cultural challenges and issues.
- Develop methods to adapt your communication and work styles for enhanced effectiveness and productivity in various business contexts (teams, meetings, projects, etc.).
1. CultureCompass Access: Participants receive one full year’s access to the DFA CultureCompass, our on-line cultural navigation tool that allows users to compare their own personal cultural work orientations with over 150 countries and evaluate a customized set of best practices and strategies for bridging any cultural differences.
2. CultureGuide: Participants receive one CultureGuide PDF, which provides an in-depth overview of the target country and up-to-date cultural information. Important topics, such as cultural values, norms, customs, and etiquette, are thoroughly explored as they relate to daily life and business.
3. CultureCoaching Support: Once in their host country, participants are provided with CultureCoaching support in three virtual sessions. These sessions include a half-day (3-hour) country introduction session, followed by two 1-hour CultureCoaching© sessions. They can be scheduled whenever support for specific issues is needed.
360° Cultural Training programs provide international assignees and their family members with the critical cultural information necessary to succeed both personally and professionally in their new country.
The DFA CultureCompass is an on-line cultural navigation tool that allows users to compare their own personal cultural work orientations with over 150 countries and evaluate a customized set of best practices and strategies for bridging any cultural differences.
CultureGuide Apps provide business travelers, leisure travelers, and international students with up-to-date country and cultural information right on their mobile device. Available on both Apple and Android platforms.